happily married since 10.18.2008

Thursday, April 29, 2010

So Proud

So this is going to sound odd, but I feel like telling the story anyway, so here it goes:

This morning at about 4 a.m., I woke up by ewok's footsteps in the room. I opened my eyes and saw him standing by my side of the bed wagging his tail. He didn't make a sound (Ewok is generally a quiet dog). I thought to myself, he is either being a brat and trying to get attention from us or that he really needs to go potty.

So I got up quickly, and as we are walking to the front door, he was so happy that he started to hop around it almost looked like he was dancing. As soon as I opened the door he ran and peed for the longest time lol and he managed to poop immediately after that.

This may sound weird, but I was soooo proud of him.. and me! That he was communicating his needs to me and I understood his subtle cue even tho the last time he needed to potty in the middle of the night was well over 3 years ago when he was a tiny pup.

Anyhow, I know it's weird, but it made me happy haha

No comments:

Post a Comment