happily married since 10.18.2008

Friday, January 29, 2010

Perfect Timing...

Danny and I have been married for a little over a year. Before we got married, I never thought about having babies. Yes, we have talked about the idea of having babies down the road, but I never "wanted" a baby. Suddenly a few months after the wedding, my feelings toward babies changed. All of the sudden I begin to notice pregnant women on the train, moms with their babies walking down the street, and I have this urge of having a baby of our own. It's quite strange really. I am afraid of babies, I don't know how to interact with them. I know it sounds really funny, but that's the truth! Babies are scary to me... and yet, I want one now.

So we have talked about the timing issue. When is the right time to have a baby? When I was younger, I had this timeline laid out for myself- I will get married by 26, have 3 children by 30. How funny eh? But of course, now that I am turning 26 this year, the idea of popping out 3 kids by 30 doesn't sound very good.

We are still newly weds (right?), and bringing a baby into the family will definitely change things. I am really happy with the way things are right now, being just the two of us. Our priorities will change when we have a baby, I don't know if I like that. The other thing is, how will we raise this child? will I be a stay home mom? How will that affect us financially?

These are the things we have to think about and plan ahead. Until then, we are happily married with our two fur babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment